Ombudsman Complaints

An ombudsman is an independent service that can help you deal with an unresolved complaint you might have with an organisation, such as a professional or a bank that you have had dealing with.  Ombudsman services are also called alternative dispute  resolution (ADR) schemes. 

Prior to raising the complaint with the Ombudsman Service you need to fully pursue the internal complaints process of the organisation (or Bank) you are in dispute with, if you do not the ombudsman will direct you to do before assessing your complaint.   

What the ombudsman do?  

The ombudsman will look at a case or complaint where you have suffered injustice, hardship or financial loss as a result of an organisation.   

You must show that you have made attempts to resolve your dispute with the organisation before taking your complaint to the ombudsman.  You will also need to check the conditions of the ombudsman scheme you want to use before submitting your complaint.  

Conditions include: time limits for making a complaint & limits on the amount of compensation you can be awarded 

Walker Rose Solicitors can assess your complaint and advise you on the chance of success, if your claim is valued at a sum greater than the ombudsman limit we may direct you to take your complaint to court.   

Private Ombudsman Schemes:  

  • The Financial Ombudsman Service  - for complaints about banks, investment companies, insurance companies and other financial services companies.
  • The Legal Ombudsman- for complaints about lawyers or claims management companies in England and Wales. 
  • The Ombudsman Services - Communications/ Cisas - for complaints about telephone, mobile and broadband companies 
  • The Property Ombudsman (formerly known as the Ombudsman for Estate Agents) - for complaints about estate agents. 
  • The Energy Ombudsman - for complaints with an energy company. 
  • The Housing Ombudsman - for complaints about member landlords and agents. 
  • The Dispute Resolution Ombudsman - for complaints about furniture, home improvement and retail. 
  • The Consumer Ombudsman – they deal with all consumer complaints in sectors not already covered by an ombudsman scheme, namely retail, home improvements or installation services.   

Public / Government Ombudsman Schemes: 


Our Expertise

Walker Rose Solicitors provides astute legal advice and the drafting of legal agreements, polices and documents to address your immediate and on-going business needs.

We can assist, negotiate and draft agreement terms with the co-founders, investors, employees, suppliers and customers.

We can assist whether you are a new start-up or an established business.  We work for you to design ‘best practice’ doctrines ensuring and securing a smooth running and efficient workplace.

Walker Rose Solicitors provide sensible commercial legal advice and draft the agreements you need in place to reduce areas of dispute or at least provide a mechanism for the parties to resolve a dispute. We can help you grow and evolve safe in the knowledge that you, your business and your brand are protected and stand on a strong legal ground to move forward.

Our advice is always precise, resilient and affordable.

Get in Touch

To speak to us today -  call us on 0208 402 7778 or send a message through our contact us page or email us at

Our mission is to provide businesses, and their owners, with quality legal assistance in the most cost effective way.